Monday, August 25, 2008

Idea to Action

I have about 4-5 ideas for turning into corporate ventures. Some are brazen, one is shady, and 1 is just common sense ... nuts and bolts.

None of them have yet launched. If I were to remain the sole owner/proprietor, they would probably never launch. I am an ideas person with a very active imagination, but probably lack something to take the final step.

So what needs to happen to get my ideas up and running?
1. Get my elevator pitch sorted. (written about this before)
2. Hook up with someone that complements me. Someone that is good at what I'm not and vice versa.
3. Look closely at myself to discover what it is in my own failings that I can change.
4. Launch before the concept is 100%. Near enough is good enough to decide if it needs more effort. So many people around me spew out great ideas, but don't launch because it isn't nailed to the final detail.

Are they good ideas? Dunno
Will they see the light of day? maybe
Will I be gutted if someone else gets there first? Certainly

2 comments:

Miki Szikszai said...

Nice post - I think your timezone is set to US time as it seems like you wrote this at 2:05 this morning.

The working with someone else bit is important and that means being really clear about what you are good at and what you need. Typical kiwi trait is to say 'my idea, my company' whereas skillsets might mean you need others to be CEO, or to invest most of your time learning to be a CEO to really navigate it from an idea into a business.

Slowblink said...

Cheers. Changed the timezone.